Wednesday, November 03, 2010

The "O" is in Yosemite, Not Camping

I watched an entire episode of Oprah today for the first time in my life. In the end, she encouraged people to go to Yosemite National Park. I don't think she took the same shine to the camping experience.

Some of my favorite quotes: "Camping is a lot of work." "I liked the people. Camping people are different." "We have a tent trailer. Is that really camping?"



I have asked myself the same question with our setup. Let me make it clear, however, that we have a tent and we actually used it this summer, albeit in a nod to advancing age, I slept on a cot instead of on the ground.
What would Oprah think?

2 comments:

  1. Just moved to the area and found your blog. I am certainly a cabin/cot girl myself! We have little to no camping gear - but looking forward to lot's of camping once hockey season is over :) New follower - I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I hope you find lots of opportunities to get out--there's plenty to see!

    ReplyDelete