Friday, October 03, 2008

It's Getting Close to Halloween, Isn't It

In the realm of eerie coincidences, I finished this book today about National Park Service Ranger Randy Morgenson, who disappeared in the High Sierras while on patrol. The original multi-day search turned up nothing, but several years later, a hiker found some effects that led to the discovery of Morgenson's remains.

The Last Season (P.S.) The Last Season by Eric Blehm


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Interesting book for those interested in nature, NPS, search and rescue, backcountry hiking. I'm guessing I would have given it 5 stars had I been more familiar with the area so that I could put myself there.


View all my reviews.

Yesterday, while somewhere in the middle of the book, I saw the news that a hiker had found some effects of Steve Fossett, which led to the discovery of what are likely the remains of Fossett, in the High Sierras.

In this time of seemingly less and less privacy (think: Google Maps), it is both exhilarating and frightening to ponder places in the United States where people and even small planes can stay hidden for years from even the most advanced search techniques we have available.

Get this book:
The Last Season (P.S.)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:13 AM

    I want to read it! I appreciate your insights and your summaries...keep them coming...when I get to have a life again, this will be a good read.

    ReplyDelete